Macaroni bel Leban” is a simple, comforting dish from the Middle Eastern cuisine, particularly popular in Lebanon. The name translates to “Macaroni with Yogurt” in English. Here’s a basic recipe to make this dish:
this Levantine-style pasta dish is immersed in a very garlicky yogurt sauce, and I wish to top it with Aleppo butter-fried pinenuts. -it’s the right comfort meal.
I sometimes top it with fried garlic and cilantro, or spiced meat, but the planet is your oyster and this can be such a straightforward dish to make! it’s creamy and tangy, and might be eaten hot, at temperature, or cold. it tastes sort of a hug, truly.
1 lb pasta, cooked al dante
21/3 cups yogurt
7 cloves of garlic, grated
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tbsp aleppo pepper
4 tsp salted butter
3 tbsp vegetable oil
- boil pasta of your choice in salt water until hard
- in a bowl, add yogurt, salt and garlic and blend until combined.
- add boiled pasta into yogurt sauce and blend well.
- allow to sit down for some minutes before topping with aleppo butter fried nuts and serving!
- to make the aleppo butter fried nuts, add butter olive oil and pine nuts to pan and warmth on medium-
- low heat until pine nuts begin getting golden.
- add in aleppo pepper, put off heat and stir for an extra 30 seconds till the butter reddens. serve oven pasta and revel in it
if you plan to eat when temperature or cold, add 1/4-1/2 cup additional yogurt (the pasta soaks it up!)
- Cook the Pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Prepare the Yogurt Sauce: In a bowl, combine the plain yogurt, minced garlic, and salt. If you’re using dried mint, add it to the yogurt mixture. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Optional Onion Topping: In a small pan, heat a little olive oil and sauté the chopped onion until golden brown. This step is optional but adds a nice flavor and texture to the dish.
- Combine: Add the cooked macaroni to the yogurt sauce. Mix gently until the pasta is well coated with the yogurt.
- Serve: Serve the macaroni bel Leban warm or at room temperature. If you prepared the onion topping, sprinkle it over the pasta before serving.
- Optional Variations: Some variations include adding cooked ground beef or chicken to the dish for added protein. You can also sprinkle some toasted pine nuts for an extra crunch.
This dish is known for its simplicity and comfort-food qualities, making it a favorite in many households. It’s also quite versatile, so feel free to adjust the ingredients according to your taste preferences!
Complementing Your Meal
While Macaroni bel Leban is a fulfilling meal on its own, consider pairing it with a sweet treat. Our Earl Grey Cookies recipe offers the perfect balance of sweetness to round off your dining experience.
Balancing Your Diet
Indulge in this creamy delight without compromising on health. Learn more about maintaining a balanced diet with our guide on 5 Foods for a Flat Stomach, ensuring you enjoy the best of both worlds.
- Culinary History or Food Culture: Link to a reputable culinary website or a food culture blog that delves into the history and significance of Moroccan cuisine. This can provide readers with a deeper understanding of the dish’s cultural background.Example in Article: “For a deeper dive into the rich tapestry of Moroccan cuisine and its culinary history, check out BBC Good Food’s Guide to Moroccan Cuisine.”
- Nutritional Information: Include a link to a nutrition-focused website that discusses the health benefits of the main ingredients in Macaroni bel Leban, like pasta and yogurt.Example in Article: “To understand the nutritional benefits of the ingredients in Macaroni bel Leban, visit Healthline’s Overview on Yogurt Benefits.”